Usb2 For Mac
Mac computers that have any of the following ports can connect to HDMI devices. Learn how to identify the ports on your Mac.
USB 3.0 Hub, ICZI Mini USB Hub with 4 USB 3.0 Ports for MacBook, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, iMac, Surface Pro, XPS, PC, Flash Drive, Mobile HDD and More 4.5 out of 5 stars 641 $10.99 $ 10. 99 $13.99 $13.99. Restart your Mac and hold down the Option key to enter into the boot selection dialog. Use your keyboard’s arrow keys to select the USB drive from the list of bootable devices.
- HDMI port: Connects directly to HDMI using an HDMI cable.
- USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port: Connects to HDMI using an adapter, such as the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.
- Mini DisplayPort: Connects to HDMI using a third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter or cable.
Mac computers that have an HDMI port comply with HDMI 1.4b and support:
- At least 1080p video over HDMI, and some Mac models support higher resolutions when connecting to 4K displays, 5K displays, and Ultra HD TVs
- 8-channel/24-bit audio at 192kHz, Dolby Surround 5.1, and traditional stereo
- HDCP-encrypted playback from iTunes and QuickTime Player (version 10). Safari in macOS Sierra or later also supports HDCP-encrypted playback, if the web page is HTML5-enabled and the content is FairPlay Streaming-enabled and delivered using Media Source Extensions or HTTP Live Streaming.
If using an adapter, check the specifications of the adapter to learn about supported resolutions and other details.
After making the connection
If your Mac doesn't recognize your HDTV, display, or other HDMI device after making the connection:
- Turn off the HDMI device while your Mac is turned on.
- Unplug the HDMI cable from your Mac, then plug it in again.
- Turn on the HDMI device.
If the video on your HDTV or display extends beyond the borders of the screen, open Displays preferences and adjust the Underscan slider for a better fit. Use any of these methods to open Displays preferences:
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Displays.
- Press Shift-Command-A to open the Applications folder. Then double-click System Preferences, then click Displays.
- If your keyboard has brightness controls, press Option–Brightness Up or Option–Brightness Down.
If your HDMI device isn't receiving audio from your Mac:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sound. In the Output pane, make sure that your HDMI device is selected.
- If you're connecting using a Mini DisplayPort adapter, make sure that your Mac can send audio over Mini DisplayPort.
- If you're connecting from a Mac mini, unplug any audio device that is plugged into your computer's Audio-Out port.
If your Mac goes to sleep while a video is playing or paused, you might see an HDCP error. Quit the app that is playing the video, then open the app again. If the issue continues, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Energy Saver and adjust the settings so that your display doesn't turn off.
Usb For Mac Pro
- If your Mac has an HDMI port, you can use the Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter to connect to a DVI display.
- Mac computers don't support using CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) to control HDMI devices.
The adapters and cables in this article work with these Mac computers and iPad Pro devices:
- Mac models that have Thunderbolt 3 ports. These ports support both Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C connections.
- Mac models that have a USB-C port. This port supports USB-C connections.
- iPad Pro models that have a USB-C port. This port supports USB-C connections.
To find the right cable or adapter for your Mac or iPad Pro, use the information below to identify the connector on the end of the cable coming from your display, hard drive, camera, hub, or other device. Check the end meant to plug into your Mac or iPad Pro.
If you're using an Apple Thunderbolt 3 cable or other Thunderbolt 3 cable with your display or other device, it will connect to your Mac without an adapter.
The Apple Pro Display XDR and LG UltraFine 5K Display use Thunderbolt 3.
If you're using a mophie USB-C Cable with USB-C Connector or other USB-C cable with your device, it will connect to your Mac or iPad Pro without an adapter.
The LG UltraFine 4K Display uses USB-C.
If you're using a USB-A cable with your device, use the Apple USB-C to USB Adapter, the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter, the Apple USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter, or another USB-C to USB-A adapter to connect your device to your Mac or iPad Pro.
To charge an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C port without one of these adapters, you can use the Apple USB-C to Lightning Cable instead.
If you're using an Ethernet cable with your device, use a third-party USB-C to Ethernet adapter, such as the Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.
Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2
Usb For Mac Air
If you're using a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 cable with a Thunderbolt display or other device, use the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter.
This is the correct adapter for the Apple Thunderbolt Display.
Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 are not the same as Mini DisplayPort . They have the same shape, but use different symbols on the cable and port.
If you're using a Mini DisplayPort cable with a Mini DisplayPort display, use a third-party USB-C to Mini DisplayPort adapter. Check with its manufacturer for compatibility with your Mac and display model.
This is the correct solution for the Apple LED Cinema Display.
Mini DisplayPort is not the same as Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 . They have the same shape, but use different symbols on the cable and port.
If you're using a DisplayPort cable with your display, use a third-party USB-C to DisplayPort adapter or cable, such as the Moshi USB-C to DisplayPort Cable.
If you're using an HDMI cable with your display, use the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter or a third-party USB-C to HDMI adapter or cable.
If you're using a VGA cable with your display, use the Apple USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter. Or use a third-party USB-C to VGA adapter, such as the Belkin USB-C to VGA Adapter.
Usb For Mac And Pc
If you're using a DVI cable with your display, use a third-party USB-C to DVI adapter or cable. Check with its manufacturer for compatibility with your Mac and display model.
Usb For Mac And Pc
- You can use your USB-C Power Adapter and charge cable with any Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C port on your Mac or iPad Pro.
- If you have an Apple TV connected to your TV, projector, or other display, you can use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to that display, or extend the desktop of your primary display.
- Learn about using external monitors with your Mac.
- Learn more about using the USB-C port on your iPad Pro.