Still Wait For Root Device On Mac
- Virtualbox Macos Still Waiting For Root Device
- Still Waiting For Root Device On Macbook
- Virtualbox Mac Still Waiting For Root Device
- Still Waiting For Root Device Mac
- Still Waiting For Root Device Mac Os X
What does “Still waiting for root device” means? It means that a driver/kext for the source from which you are booting is not detected properly by the mac operating system (USB kext not detected or loaded) Mac OS released prebuilt with the latest drivers that supports SATA out of the box but you may face this issue If. In Verbose mode it crashes half way, a 'no entry' icon pops up and the last text says 'Still waiting for root device'. I followed all the instructions one by one. I tried it in multiple USB drives and different ports; tried creating the installation drive with Unibeast and Terminal. Solve Error: still waiting for root device: حل مشكلة How to Fix Still Waiting for Root Device in Hackintosh Do you want to fix the still waiting for root d.
|Reported by:||Owned by:|
|Guest type:||OSX Server||Host type:||Windows|
- VBox.log (75.6 KB) - added by wproxym8 years ago.
- virtualbox log
comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by grahamperrin
Virtualbox Macos Still Waiting For Root Device
Changed 8 years ago by wproxym
- attachmentVBox.log added
comment:4follow-up:↓ 5 Changed 8 years ago by wproxym
comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 4 Changed 8 years ago by Hachiman
comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by frank
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
Hi and thanks for any help you can offer,
My Mac has been working at 10.10.2 and previous versions with a Crucial CT480M500SSD1 SSD for seven+ months until I updated to 10.10.3 (which may be coincidental). Now, I cannot boot from the drive with the eventual message 'Still waiting for root device'.
Things I've tried:
- Firstly the error I had was a grey screen with a mouse pointer I could move on it but nothing else would happen. Because I have a bluetooth keyboard I couldn't boot to safe mode or reset the PRAM directly, so I took out the SSD drive and booted to the time machine partition. From there I used e.g. nvram boot-args='-x -v' to boot to safe mode, which worked and I rebooted immediately, subsequent boots would not work at all, even to safe mode.
- Still without a USB keyboard I used the Time Machine partition (pulled the SSD out to boot to it) to reset PRAM (via boot-args), NVRAM, didn't work.
- I brought a USB keyboard home and used it to boot to TM and restore a 10.10.2 version of the SSD from before the update. Same problem. I have even restored versions from December with the same result, as above.
- I have a previous SSD laying around with Mavericks on it, it boots fine.
- I have run bless --folder /Volumes/Beep Beep/System/Library/CoreServices --bootefi
Still Waiting For Root Device On Macbook
Any other ideas or can anyone give an explanation of how the root device is determined and found? I've read some things about needing to have kexts that read from the drive, but it doesn't seem like
Virtualbox Mac Still Waiting For Root Device
Still Waiting For Root Device Mac
OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)
Still Waiting For Root Device Mac Os X