Seagate Freeagent Goflex For Mac
- Since the drive is formatted for Mac computers out of the box, it takes full advantage ofall the tools the operating system has to offer. With up to 3TB of storage, plug-and-play FireWire 800 and USB 2.0connectivity the GoFlex Desk for Mac drive is a perfect way to maximize capacity and interface speeds for Maccomputers.
- If you’re looking for storage, Seagate can certainly accommodate your needs with up to 3TB of storage via the GoFlex Desk for Mac. With drive performance being on par with relatable consumer class external drives, you’re most likely interested in either the look of the drive or the GoFlex for Mac Ultra-portable’s network sharing capabilities with the $69.99 (normally $129.99) Net Sharing device.
“I backup all my important data in Seagate FreeAgent Goflex external hard disk which has a capacity of 60GB. Today all of a sudden, this device is not getting detected on my Mac. I tried to get files from it by connecting it to other computers, which didn’t work. If anyone has an idea on how to restore data from Seagate FreeAgent Goflex on Mac system, then please share with me. Thanks in advance!!!”
FreeAgent Goflex is an external hard disk newly introduced by Seagate. This drive is available in the range of 60GB to 3TB capacity. Seagate also manufactures other models of hard drive like FreeAgent Desk, FreeAgent Go, FreeAgent Pro, etc. The reason for above kind of situation might be that your FreeAgent Goflex got corrupted. Now think once, what will happen if you suddenly lose access to your FreeAgent Goflex due to its corruption?
Seagate GoFlex Pro for Mac Ultra-Portable Drive Specifications. Formatted for Mac out of the box and fully compatible with Time Machine software. FW800 & USB 2.0.
- If lost data is the only backup of your important files, then it’s a big challenge
- If it contains any PPT’s or any office files that you need urgently, then your situation would be very worse
- If your Mac system is already dead and it is the only backup that you got
Let us know what makes a Seagate FreeAgent Goflex drive undetected on Mac:
- Removing FreeAgent Goflex from Mac system or other devices without using “eject” option
- Using same Seagate FreeAgent goflex hard disk on different OS based computers like Mac, Windows, Unix, etc
- Logical errors like presence of bad sector, corrupt file system, etc.
The only recommended solution for above kind of situations is using data recovery tool.
Software to recover data from FreeAgent Goflex HDD on Mac:
Use Yodot Mac Data Recovery software to come out from all the above mentioned conditions. This software can easily restore data from Seagate FreeAgent Goflex when not recognized on Mac OS X. Addition to FreeAgent Goflex, it can retrieve files from other models of Seagate external hard disk which are mentioned above. Further, it helps data recovery from Seagate Seven portable drive. Apart from dead external hard disk, it can retrieve data from non bootable, formatted/reformatted /repartitioned volumes on Mac computer. It can support data recovery from HFS+, NTFS, HFSX, FAT and exFAT drive. To speed up scanning process, it contains two scanning options like “Volume recovery” and “Formatted/Reformatted Recovery”. Depends on option you select, it will start scanning. In addition to Seagate FreeAgent external hard disk, it can retrieve data from other brands of external hard drive such as LaCie, Iomega, SanDisk, LG, Kingston, Sony, etc. This utility is compatible with various versions of Mac system such as Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite.
Procedure to get back data from FreeAgent Goflex drive on Mac machine:
- First connect Seagate FreeAgent Goflex external hard disk to a Mac system
- After that, install Yodot Mac Data Recovery software on Mac machine
- Then run application and follow onscreen instructions to restore data from FreeAgent Goflex hard disk
- First, it will show two options such as “Volume Recovery” and “Formatted / Reformatted Recovery”
- Select first option to start recovery process
- Wait for few minutes till scanning is finished
- Then, retrieved files will display in two view such as ‘Data View’ and ‘File Type View’. Finally, save files to a desired location other than source (same FreeAgent Goflex)
Seagate Freeagent Goflex Media
- Be careful while connecting or removing FreeAgent Goflex external hard disk from other electronic gadgets
- Feel free to contact 24x7 technical support team if you find any difficulty while performing data restoration process
– New Collection of FreeAgent GoFlex for Mac External Drives Are Designed for Mac Enthusiasts While Maintaining Cross-Platform Compatibility
January 4, 2011 – Addressing the personal preferences of the Mac community, Seagate today introduced a new collection of GoFlex™ for Mac external hard drives designed to make it easy for those who use Mac OS X and Time Machine to backup, shuttle, or share their digital content.
These new portable and desktop solutions are HFS+ formatted out-of-the-box, making them fully compatible with Apple Time Machine ® backup software, while maintaining the ability to work across both Microsoft ® Windows ® and Mac OS X computers. A truly unique feature, GoFlex for Mac drives can also be used with computers running Windows by simply downloading an HFS+ driver for Windows from Seagate.com , which will provide full read-write access to the drive from a Windows computer.
Each GoFlex for Mac product comes bundled with FireWire ® 800 and USB 2.0 adapters and cables—the most popular interfaces for Apple computers—but also delivers the flexibility to change the drive’s interface to USB 3.0 or powered eSATA for use with Windows computers. The GoFlex™ interface cables help deliver the speed, performance and connectivity people need, as well as to help safe guard their investments against changing technology. To deliver a fresh look that fits seamlessly with today’s Apple product line, each 2.5-inch, ultra-portable drive in the family features a durable, soft-touch, metallic finish, which is also designed to withstand scratches, fingerprints or other marks incurred from travel. (Comptuer Cables Overview)
The new line-up of GoFlex™ for Mac external drives include:
- GoFlex TM for Mac ultra-portable drive — This 2.5-inch portable drive is now designed specifically for use with Apple’s Time Machine right out-of-the-box, easily go back in time to access changes or file updates were before they were made. MSRP $199.99 for 1TB, and $249.99 for 1.5TB.
- GoFlex TM for Mac Limited Edition ultra-portable drive —The GoFlex™ for Mac Limited Edition ultra-portable drive packs 1TB of storage into the standardized 2.5-inch form factor, making it the slimmest high-cap drive available on the market today. With a depth of 12.5mm and shorter in length than an iPhone , the GoFlex TM for Mac Limited Edition is perfect for use with GoFlex TV or GoFlex Net. MSRP $199.95 for 1TB.
- GoFlex TM Pro for Mac ultra portable —This 7200RPM, 2.5-inch drive delivers advanced performance for those professionals who place high demands on their storage, such as graphic artists, musicians, videographers or photographers. Using the included FireWire 800 cable to achieve transfer speeds up to three times faster than USB 2.0. MSRP $149.99 for 500GB; $179.99 for 750GB.
- GoFlex TM Desk for Mac drive — This 3.5-inch high-capacity external drive includes a flexible design that can sit horizontally or vertically to fit your workspace. Back up files using Apple’s Time Machine. Optional software displays the drive’s real-time capacity with lights on the dock and includes other useful tools. MSRP $219.99 for 2TB; $279.99 for 3TB.
Seagate Freeagent Goflex Pro For Mac
In addition, each GoFlex for Mac drive can be used with other devices in the GoFlex™ Storage System such as the GoFlex™ Net media sharing device and the GoFlex™ TV HD media player¹. These solutions provide the flexibility to enjoy content on a TV or a mobile device, such as an iPad or smart phone. There is also an option to download additional software for use with all GoFlex for Mac drives that will provide helpful utilities such as a control to turn the activity lights off and a tool to verify that the drive is functioning properly. Each drive in the family also comes backed by a Seagate three-year warranty, helping to protect your investment and providing peace of mind.
“With over 10 billion songs downloaded from the iTunes ® store and Apple’s market share continuing to grow year-over-year, the growing audience for Mac OS X will need external storage to backup all their digital content, Today’s product introduction addresses these current market trends and underscores Seagate’s commitment to delivering flexible, easy-to-use solutions that meet varying customer needs.” – said Darcy Clarkson, vice president of Global Retail Sales and Marketing for Seagate.