Exif Viewer For Mac Os
Uploading photos and videos on social media platforms has become a status symbol nowadays. To get the perfect shot we use high tech gadgets and professional cameras which also stores the whole information into the image such as device identity, time, date, and location. The information is attached to the images is called EXIF data.
You can easily view photo metadata, called Exif, using Preview Inspector. Preview is an app built into macOS that has multiple uses, like viewing PDFs, photos and more. Exifer by Friedemann Schmidt is a piece of software that will let you view the EXIF data (metadata information) of your image files. Although Exifer for Mac is not available for download, you can still make use of one of the alternative Exif viewers for Mac. Here is a list of apps that can serve as replacements for Exifer for Mac. Exif viewer free download - Exif Untrasher, MSG Viewer for Outlook, Photo Viewer, and many more programs. OFT, and Winmail.dat files easily on your Mac. Free to try Editors' rating. For Mac OS X 10.10 and above. Photos EXIF Editor allows you to view EXIF/IPTC/XMP information of individual photos in a separate window. Double click on the selected photo to view the complete metadata information at a glance. Custom Date-Time & GPS editor.
what is an EXIF editor tool?
When you are sharing your images with your friends or uploading them on social media then the Exif data is also shared with others. If you’re concerned about your privacy, then you don’t want your friends to know when and where the picture was taken. Fortunately, you can edit Exif data with tools which are called as Exif Editor or Exif Viewer. They will help you to change or remove your device identity, time, date and location of images.
10 Best Exif Data Editor & Remover For Mac And Windows
Here is the list of best exif viewers to edit and remove exif data on Windows and Mac.
1. Photos Exif Editor (Mac and Windows)
As the name reflects, Photos Exif Editor is a fast and simple way to modify or remove EXIF, IPTC, XMP metadata for thousands of images at once. With this tool, you can easily add images, folder or drag & drop images to edit. Certainty, this image metadata editor is worth a shot.
Features of Photos Exif Editor:
- You can manually enter GPS coordinates for all the images.
- It is useful for writing and reading EXIF, IPTC and XMP metadata.
- You can use all the image formats like JPEG, TIFF and RAW.
- Supports various common image formats including RAW format.
- Available on Windows 10, 8, 7, xp and Mac.
See how to edit or remove Exif data using Photos Exif Editor-
2. AnalogExif (Windows & Mac)
It is a reliable and free metadata editor for the scanned films and DSC-captured digital images. It comes with the capability to modify XMP and EXIF metadata tags from TIFF & JPEG files formats. Whether you want to remove image metadata or want to edit best EXIF data on Windows and Mac, it gets the work done with ease.
Features of AnalogExif:
- It offers a customizable set of the supported metadata tags.
- AnalogExif allows you to perform batch operations.
- Get custom XMP schema for film camera properties such as number, exposure film name and many more.
- It gives user-defined XMP schema for additional flexibility.
- Available on Mac OS, Windows 10, 8, 7 and xp
Also Read: Best Duplicate Photo Finder and Removers
3. EXIFPurge (Windows & Mac)
It is a mind-blowing Exif editor for Windows and Mac that lets you eliminate EXIF metadata from multiple images at once. Apart from saving your time, it is useful for editing batch photos.
Features of EXIFPurge:
- It is an easy to use tool.
- EXIFPurge is a portable program that allows its users to use USB pen drive as well.
- Suitable for batch editing.
- You can change Exif data from a photo as per your requirement like time, date and location.
4. Metadata++ (Windows)
Metadata++ is one of the best EXIF viewers for windows that allow you to copy, edit, extract, modify, and view metadata from almost all the available file formats. It is a freeware image metadata editor that is especially designed to make your life easier. It is useful to get quick & smooth painting panels and thumbnails.
Features of Metadata++:
- The tool supports Support various kind of video formats able to carry metadata such as WebM, DivX, AVI and MP4.
- Metadata++ supports formats such as RAW, PNG, WEBM, JPEG and TIFF.
- You can enjoy the tool on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 on 32 bits as well as 64 bits.
- Easily create sidecars containing your own metadata.
5. EXIF Date Changer Lite (Windows)
EXIF Date Changer Lite is considered as one of the best photo metadata editors that can quickly and smoothly adjust time/date on the images and scanned photos.
Features of EXIF Date Changer Lite:
- This photo metadata editor is available in multiple languages such as Polish, German, English, Russian and French.
- You can create your own watermark for JPG photos.
- You can add text on your photo, change a file name, make time adjustments and many other custom changes.
- Easily edit the incorrect EXIF data from the images.
Also Read:10 Best Duplicate MP3 Songs Finder And Remover
6. ExifTool GUI (Windows)
It is an incredible EXIF editor windows that support various kind of metadata formats such as XMP, ICC, EXIF, JFIF, IPTC, GPS, GeoTIFF, ID3, AFCP, Photoshop IRB. Indeed, it is one of the best photo metadata viewer tools for Windows user to manage EXIF data.
Features of ExifTool GUI:
- The tool claims to show more metadata tags as compared to other tools.
- It is secure to use and regularly updated to bring comfort for its users.
- ExifTool GUI supports various metadata formats like IPTC, EXIF, GeoTIFF, GPS, JFIF, XMP and many more.
- Easily edit all type of metadata tags.
7. Image Exif Editor (Mac)
Image Exif Editor is perhaps one of the most useful Exif editors for Mac. The tool is designed to give you’re the easiest and simplest way to edit and view Exif image’s metadata. Image Exif Editor comes with easy to use Interface. It supports almost all the image formats.
Features of Image Exif Editor:
- It allows you to undo Redo supported for batch editing.
- Image Exif Editor support batch image editing and save time for something better.
- You can get pre-set value to get detail info about the image.
- The tool support improved GPS geolocation, which allows you to search for a place & change the destination just by dragging the pin.
8. Exif Editor
If you are looking for a tool that can allow you to edit your images directly in your photos, then you can consider Exif Editor. It is one of the best ways to view and edit your Exif data with minimal efforts and in real-time. Download this best EXIF data editor on Windows & Mac today!
Features of Exif Editor:
- Useful for editing and viewing camera settings.
- You can easily add information about scanned analog images.
- Suitable for removing the camera, software info, and author.
- With Exif Editor, you can modify the information such as location and date.
9. Metadata Editor
As the name reflects, Metadata Editor is an amazing tool to create, view and edit custom & advanced metadata on your Mac. With this best Exif data editor on Windows & Mac, you can view your metadata and customize XTools pro metadata templates. Certainly, it is an effective way to remove metadata from photo effortlessly.
Features of Metadata Editor:
- Effective for batch metaset editing.
- You can get your hands-on automatic data & metadata revision history.
- The tool supports the North American Profile metadata standard.
- Easily create customizable templates.
Also Read:Best Bulk Image Resizer for Windows and Mac
10. EXIF Pilot (Windows)
If you’re looking for a photo metadata editor that comes with the ability to view, create and edit XMP, IPTC and EXIF data, then EXIF Pilot is the perfect option for you.
Features of EXIF Pilot:
- With this EXIF viewer of Windows, you can view descriptions of fields that contain data.
- You can easily export and import EXIF along with the IPTC from/to Text files in CSV format.]
- Edit, Add and eliminate keywords seamlessly.
- Suitable for removing IPTC tags and EXIF data and clean up all metadata with ease.
So, this list certainly isn’t all inclusive as there are many other Exif editors are available in the market. However, we’ve round up the list according to their, features, ratings and are definitely considered as one of the best Exif data Editors on Windows and Mac.
If you want to change the exif data in photos of various formats, you may simply use exif editing tool that allows you to modify file the description, tags, authors, copyright information, data modified and many more. By using exif editing tool, you may modify different metadata formats including EXIF, GPS, JFIF, GeoTIFF, Photoshop IRB, FlashPix, IPTC, XMP, ICC Profile, AFCP and ID3, as well as the description provided by many digital cameras by Canon, Casio, FLIR, FujiFilm, GE, HP, JVC/Victor, Minolta/Konica-Minolta, Kodak, Leaf, Nikon, Nintendo, and more. Exif editing tool is extremely useful when you want to search through and organize a huge collection of photos. Here is a list of the 5 best exif data editing for your Mac.
Exif Data Mac
1. EXIF Studio – Metadata Editor
If you are looking for the simplest way to view and edit image’s EXIF data, IPTC data, XMP data and GPS data, EXIF Studio is the best metadata editor that helps you edit EXIF, IPTC, GPS & XMP metadata of several photos or images in just few clicks. It is very easy to use, all you need to do is just select images, folders with images or the Photos Library into the application and list all images. Once the images are added, you can and edit image’s EXIF metadata, IPTC metadata, XMP metadata and GPS metadata. Moreover, you may use this tool to edit exif data in batch of photos and not just a single image. You may apply metadata values or modifications to a group or batch of Photos with ease. Additionally, you may edit GPS location of photos by selecting location on a GSP map simply by entering the location name in the search box or by specifying the coordinates. You can also easily drag a pin to set a new location for where your photos were taken. Apart from editing, you may also remove the metadata information of your photos in entirety. You can also clean user comments, GPS information, EXIF data individually as well.
You may download EXIF Studio – Metadata Editor from here.
EXIF Studio is now also available for Windows PC and you can download EXIF studio for Windows from here.
2. Image Exif Editor
Image Exif Editor is one of the best and easiest exif editor that you may have on your Mac for quick editing of photo metadata. It offers the fast and easy way to view and edit exif data. It is specially designed to show details about how a photo was taken in a clear and easy to understand format with powerful EXIF metadata editing features. It is a very powerful tool to handle the exif information in your favourite photos. Image Exif Editor supports Batch images edit, you may apply one image modify to other, and you may modify or clear exif metadata for photos in batch. With this tool, you may easily find the image you want to edit by typing the name to search from many images.
3. Exif Editor
Exif Editor is also one of the most popular exif editing tools that allows you to edit metadata in directly your images. It is very helpful, when you don’t want to share or expose your camera details to your customers. You may use this tool for applications like Adobe Bridge, Lightroom or Aperture to reload metadata as they are heavily cached. It is very simple to use, all you need to do is just select image, right click and in the popup menu, select Metadata > Read Metadata from Files. Exif editor supports various image formats including JPEG, TIFF, Canon CR2, Nikon NEF, Olympus ORF, Adobe DNG, Leaf MOS, Fuji RAF, Panasonic RW2, Pentax PEF, Phase One IIQ SONY ARW, and more.
MetaImage is one of the best Mac tools to read, write and edit images metadata. With this ultimate tool, you may edit EXIF, IPTC, XMP and Maker tags in a friendly interface. You may use this metadata editor for the largest number of tags. Moreover, you may select which tags are shown in the app. So, you may keep only the one you want to use. Besides that, it is also designed to edit GPS metadata easily. You may directly enter GPS coordinates. Plus, you can also search for an address by typing it or by clicking on the map.
5. Photo Meta Edit
Photo Meta Edit is a simple photo metadata, Exif, GPS, IPTC and other types, editor for Jpeg and Tiff image files. You may use it to edit embedded metadata in image files, enable to embed metadata into image files. It has many powerful features including batch editing, embedding thumbnails into JPEG files and removing thumbnails from JPEG files. You may easily edit IPTC Photo Metadata and preset IPTC Creator’s contact details.
Exif Viewer For Mac Os X
Now read: 5 best PPT to video converters for Windows and Mac in 2019
Best Free Exif Viewer
If you are looking for a Mac Maintenance Application, Check out Wise Mac Care. Wise Mac Care is your one-stop Mac maintenance application that can remove several types of junk files and can optimize Mac’s hard drive to boost your Mac to the peak performance for FREE. Wise Mac Care will also help protect your privacy and safeguard your activities from prying eyes.