Divx Player For Mac Os
- Wmv Player For Mac Os
- Divx Player
- Divx Converter For Mac
Devices and Mac OS X version
VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any 64bit Intel-based Mac. Previous devices are supported by older releases.
Note that the first generation of Intel-based Macs equipped with Core Solo or Core Duo processors is no longer supported. Please use version 2.0.10 linked below.
DivX for Mac 6.5 rquires QuickTime 7 and Mac OS X v10.3.9. It’s available as a Universal Binary that works natively on Intel and PowerPC-based Macs. DivX for Mac 6.5 costs $19.99, but it’s. VLC Media Player for Mac. VLC Media Player for Mac OS X (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats, including Matroska (MKV) MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGG, as well as for DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It also can be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
Web browser plugin for Mac OS X
Support for NPAPI plugins was removed from all modern web browsers, so VLC's plugin is no longer maintained. The last version is 3.0.4 and can be found here. It will not receive any further updates.
Older versions of Mac OS X and VLC media player
We provide older releases for users who wish to deploy our software on legacy releases of Mac OS X. You can find recommendations for the respective operating system version below. Note that support ended for all releases listed below and hence they won't receive any further updates.
- The media player you must have. Just drop anything to it, MPlayerX will give you a clear and smooth playback. MPlayerX is armed by FFmpeg and MPlayer, which means it could handle any media format in the world without extra plug-ins or codec packages.
- XviD codec for Mac. The XviD codec isn't yet available for the Mac, so to play XviD videos on your Mac you first need to install QuickTime and the DivX codec.Then you need to download and install the delegate component available for your Mac OS version.
- Devices and Mac OS X version. VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any 64bit Intel-based Mac. Previous devices are supported by older releases.
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Use VLC 2.2.8. Get it here.
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
Use VLC 2.0.10. Get it for PowerPC or 32bit Intel.
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later is required
Use VLC 0.9.10. Get it for PowerPC or Intel.
Mac OS X 10.3 Panther
QuickTime 6.5.2 or later is required
Use VLC 0.8.6i. Get it for PowerPC.
Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
Use VLC 0.8.4a. Get it for PowerPC.
Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah and 10.1 Puma
Use VLC 0.7.0. Get it for PowerPC.
DivX is a media container format based on MPEG-4 standard. The DviX codec can compress video clips into small file sizes in pretty good image quality. Therefore, you can save video and audio files as the DivX format with little noticeable quality loss. To play DviX files everywhere, you can get your best DivX player software for playback here.
XviD is an open source MPEG-4 video codec distributed under the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL) on multiplatform. Thus, you can play XviD movies with an XviD player across all platforms. Though XviD is a lossy compression. It can keep sharp picture details without causing heavy quality loss.
Part 1: Top 10 DivX Player for PC and Mac
Wmv Player For Mac Os
DviX and XviD formats look quite similar. If you pay attention to DviX VS XviD, you can find many differences varies from privacy to compatibility. To play DviX, XviD and other popular video formats on PC, you can turn to Blu-ray Master Free Blu-ray Player for help. Obviously, you can also play any Blu-ray and DVD disc as its name shows. The intuitive interface and customizable visual-audio effects can also bring you full pleasure.
- 1. Play almost all popular videos, including DivX, XviD, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, etc.
- 2. Watch any homemade and commercial Blu-ray and DVD discs with 100% image quality.
- 3. Choose from full, half, normal and double screen size.
- 4. Apply video effects including hue, brightness, contrast, saturation and Gamma.
- 5. Work with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP.
Download and install the free DviX player on the PC. Click “Open File” to import your DivX video. Well, you can insert a Blu-ray/DVD disc and click “Open Disc” to load the disc content if necessary.
After choosing the DivX file, it will start to play the video automatically. You can click “Fast forward” or “Fast backward” icons to skip unwanted part quickly. If you want to take a screenshot, you can click the camera-like “Screenshot” icon near the bottom.
Click “Video” to switch to a proper screen size. Moreover, you can adjust visual effects with easy-to-use parameters. Click “Reset” to confirm and move on.
If you want to get more information about DivX player for PC and Mac, you can check the complete table below. These are best free DivX and XviD player for Windows 10 and Mac software.
|DivX Player||OS||Download link||Features|
|Free Blu-ray Player||Windows||https://download.bluraycopys.com/free-blu-ray-player.exe|
1. Free to play Blu-ray, DVD, general video and audio with zero quality loss.
2. Offer an intuitive interface with various adjustable visual effects.
|VLC Media player||Windows, Mac||https://www.videolan.org/vlc/|
1. VLC DivX player freeware can play XviD videos on multiplatform.
2. Have built-in video editing features.
1. The Windows-based DivX player can play videos with main integrated video codes, like DivX, XviD, MPEG, MP4, AVI, etc.
2. Support to play up to twelve video tracks at the same time.
|KM Player||Windows, Mac||http://www.kmplayer.com/|
1. Allow users to watch high quality movies with video and audio effects.
2. The XviD video codec player can increase the playback speed in clicks.
|Free XviD Player||Windows||https://free-xvid-player.en.softonic.com/|
1. Free XviD Player is made for XviD movies without any codec packs on Windows 7/Vista/XP.
2. The XviD video codec player can play XviD files for free only.
1. It is an open source DivX and XviD video player.
2. The standalone DivX player for Windows offers a dual-player mode.
|GOM Player||Windows, Mac||https://www.gomlab.com/gomplayer-media-player/|
1. The free DivX player for Mac and Windows integrates DivX, XviD and other popular video codes.
2. Search and sync subtitles for the streaming movie automatically.
|QuickTime Player||Windows, Mac||https://support.apple.com/kb/DL837?locale=et_EE|
1. QuickTime Player is the default media player for Mac. You can play XviD and DivX video files on PC with QuickTime Player for free too.
2. The DivX player needs to be upgraded to the Pro version to get more features.
|DivX Player||Windows, Mac||https://www.divx.com/|
1. Play, create and cast your favorite videos in DivX, AVI, MKV, and HEVC up to 4K.
2. The DivX Player free version provides limited playback features.
|Windows Media Player||Windows, Mac||https://formac.informer.com/windows-media-player|
1. The free DivX player can play multimedia files, including DviX and XviD files.
2. Offer a clean and simple interface.
Part 2: Top 5 DivX Player for Android and iPhone
Then how about DivX Player apps for iOS and Android devices? If you want to play DivX movies on your phone, you can get your best DivX player for Android or iPhone here.
|DivX Player||Platform||Download link||Features|
1. BSPlayer free XviD video codec player for Android supports various video and audio formats, like XviD, MKV, MOV, MTS, etc.
2. Get background playback in popup window.
1. The DivX player for Android allows users to watch videos in various formats without conversion.
2. Support multi-audio streams and multi-subtitles playlists.
1. It is a full HD XviD player app optimized for the latest iPhone and iPad.
2. Transfer XviD files between iOS devices.
1. The application can play XviD, DivX, MOV, MP4 and multiple video formats on iPhone, iPad and iPod.
2. The DivX Player enables users to watch and download video and audio files in different qualities.
1. It is a powerful DivX video player for all Android phones and tablets.
2. Play 720p, 1080p FullHD and 2K/4K UltraHD videos on Android fluently.
These are latest DivX player software that you can play DivX movies on Windows, Mac, iPhone and Android freely. By the way, you can also enjoy XviD video files with the above programs. As for the best DivX Player for PC, Free Blu-ray Player is the first choice for both beginners and experts. You can play almost all discs and HD videos smoothly and effortlessly. Well, you can get good user experiences from other DivX players too. If you have any suggestions or questions, you can feel free and leave messages below.
Part 3. FAQs of Free DivX/XviD Video Player
1. Is DivX still used?
Yes. DivX is a brand of video codec that can compress lengthy video segments into small sizes while maintaining high quality. It is used to store high-quality video with high resolution up to 1080 HD.
2. Do I need DivX on my computer?
DivX is a video codec. You can use some open source players like VLC to play the video that are encoded with DivX format. If you don’t have any player, you may not need it.
3. Which player can play DivX files?
Divx Converter For Mac
You can play DivX file with Blu-ray Master Free Blu-ray Player, VLC Media Player, MVS Player, GOM Player, QuickTime Player and DivX Player on Windows and Mac, Mobo Player and RockPlayer 2 on Android, and Flex Player on iPhone.