The delivery method for all sessions is group live. Credit certification for individual sessions may vary dependent upon terms of compliance and conflict of interest issues and resolution. Continuing Education credits issued for participation in the CE activity may not apply toward license renewal in all states. It is the responsibility of each participant to verify the requirements of his/her state licensing board(s).
The Corporate Counsel Workshop program content is designed for intermediate and advanced levels. Advance preparation is not necessary. For all inquiries regarding continuing education, including complaints and administrative policy, please contact Jan Ross at 301.947.9000, ext. 1210 or email@example.com. PIAA is an accredited provider of the following CE programs. Please review this information to be aware of all terms and conditions. There are 9.50 continuing education hours available for participation in this CE activity.
Please note: PIAA does not submit certificates or credit towards license renewal. It is the responsibility of each participant.
Based on the content of this meeting, insurance industry, physician, and other healthcare provider learners will be able to:
- Use their professional liability insurance providers and PIAA as resources for best business practices.
- Assess exposures to maintain insurability and reduce losses.
- Develop practical, effective strategies to improve healthcare delivery and ensure patient safety.
- Perform a gap analysis to improve business processes and risk management initiatives.
- Understand best-practice trends in healthcare delivery and MPL-related business services to address challenges and make improvements.
- Develop relevant, effective ethics and compliance programs to fulfill fiduciary responsibilities.
The PIAA Corporate Counsel Workshop has been approved to provide Continuing Legal Education credits in the following states: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Florida; Hawaii; Maine; Montana; New Jersey; New York; North Dakota; Washington; West Virginia; and Wisconsin.
Continuing Professional Education
PIAA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org. PIAA designates this activity for up to 11.00 CPE credits. For CPE credits through NASBA, the Corporate Counsel Workshop has a prerequisite of two years of industry knowledge or comparable training and/or education. The recommended field of study is business management and organization.